Friday, August 24, 2012

I Threw Off the Emperor's Groove. Beware the Groove!

14th Saturday 2012
Llama Festival

Wowee!  
Cowabunga!
Rhombus!

At a previous time, deep in the dimensions of space I talked about the Color Festival at the Hindu Temple in Spanish Fork.  Well, the people who brought you colors fest also bring to the public LLAMA FEST: 17th Annual.   This year I hit it up along side my other half- Spock and one of the coolest people ever- Chuckles. Dream Team.  At this Llama Fest, you get to hang around some of the sassiest llamas in the world.  But don't worry, there are happy llamas too.  Hopefully you get a llama who is content with life because YOU GET TO RACE THEM.  But not actually ride them, as most people believe, you just lead them around and kind of drag them at times.  They also have a llama obstacle course, unfortunately we did not get to participate in this, but even so- the night was magical.  


I love llamas too much for my own good. 


Spock is looking so hip in her v-neck next to the llama called Atma. 


This was the sassiest llama of all, that's why it's behind the fence. 


I don't remember this llama's name, but it had attitude and that's all i do remember. 


This was our little sweetheart called Rasika.  


I don't know if you know this but llamas are a member of the camelid family and are native to South America.  Their uses include showing, packing, driving, wool, pets and breeding.  The llamas gestation period is 11-12 months and they rarely have twins.  An adult llama can carry 60-80 pounds 8-10 miles per day.  Although they do spit at each other, they seldom spit at people.  llamas hum to their babies and they also have a high pitched scream which is an alarm call.  They are very gentle, clean animals and a joy to raise. 


Thats Rasika on the left, if you wanted to know.  That's me, being eaten by sunlight on the right.. if you wanted to know. 


This is adorable Chuckles.  


LLAMA BUTT. 
and Spock. 




Britney and Rasika.  Llama knows how good she looks. 


This picture is presh. Spock and Chuck.  I don't know if this day could have gotten any better. 


OKAY SO: This was our llama race.  You can see Spock and her llama coming in and Rasika and I just right behind.  We had to take our llamas up around some radio tower and back and we were both doing pretty well until the home stretch when our llamas just decided to stop and we were doing everything in our power just to get them across the finish line. 


Wow, yup.  There I am.  Trying to win the race that Rasika obviously didn't want to. 


Even through the struggle Spock came in third and I came in fourth.  We placed!  Who could ask for more?  Also, don't mind Spock's "Madam Hooch" hair.  I think she recently had her hair cut and it was clearly out of control. 


And it was good day. 

So long and thanks for all the fish! 

1 comment: