Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This post is a ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE

I enjoy running. So sue me.  But really don't.  But seriously though, running.  I like it.  On 5 May 2012 is a half-marathon relay that I am signed up to run with my buddy Spock.  Even though she hasn't run for awhile, I am pretty sure she will be okay because she is a beast when it comes to these things.  
Spock = CHUCK NORRIS.  
Ding! Ding! Ding! 

As much as I love running, unfortunately I am not that way.  With every step I take, and every move I make, every bond I break, every step I take... I am that much closer to spontaneous implosion.  SO, we'll see how this relay plays out.  The thought of it only being one month out is blowing my mind.  The only thing that is getting me through this is our team name: BUBONIC PLAGUE.  Did you know that the Bubonic plague took 1/3rd of Europe's population in the 15th century?  Did you know that bubos start to form in weird places like your armpits and knee pits and gland spots? Nope?  Well, if you must know, you might want to go ask someone else because I have never contracted the plague and maybe never will.. and now I have forgotten how I even came around on this subject. OH YEAH! Running!  The inspiration for this whole post was to say that I ran 3 miles straight in a pretty good time.  Double it.  Then double THAT.  Then I still have less the distance of a half marathon, which is my goal this year.  I hope to make it, through all the wheezing and gagging I WILL run a half marathon this year even if it kills me (and if it doesn't, maybe the plague will).  

Stay classy!

PEE. ESS.  I had my first ever snack pack yesterday night and it was the most out of control thing I have ever experienced.  If you enjoy slimy, goopey, unflattering chunks of a food that is unknownst to be neither a solid or liquid, then snack packs are super great.  If you are like me and freak out when your food jiggles and slops off your spoon, then high fives to all of you. 
So long and thanks for all the fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment