Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.
I know that it has been a painfully long time since my last post and I've gotten so much buzz about making a new blog post from so many of my followers that it has been quite overwhelming to see so many messages in my inbox of people anticipating my return.......... not.
Last year I travelled to not only London but also to Israel and there is a gnarly post about it in the making. As for now, my life has changed a little bit and I have moved up to Rexburg, ID and transferred to none other than BYU-I. It is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum that I'm used to. I used to attend a very small liberal arts college but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
It is a very different culture and I must get used to it. So far I am an outsider watching and observing. Soon I hope to be accepted and can continue on with my research from an insider's point of view. The other day I experienced 'stadium singing' for the first time in my life. Two of my roommates burst in and asked me if I had wanted to go. Being unaware of the strange way of life in Rexburg, I had the completely wrong idea of what we were about to do. For some reason, my brain had decided that the three of us were just going to go dink around the outdoor stadium and sing whatever we wanted, however loud we wanted. Little did I know, that it is actually an organized activity where any student who wishes to attend can do so and we all sing hymns... under the stadium.... at 9:30 at night..... every Sunday. It was an interesting opportunity as I have never experienced something like that before. I know I will find small gems like 'stadium singing' in the future, and of course I will report right away on strange activities such as this.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
No comments:
Post a Comment